THE 73RD NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES
The 73rd National Sweepstakes is a series of prize draws presented in conjunction with various product offers sponsored by The Reader's Digest Association (Canada) ULC (RD), and its affiliated companies, and may be presented in conjunction with product offers from other organizations in partnership with RD.
2. HOW TO ENTER
2.1 NO PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEES ARE NECESSARY TO ENTER AND TO WIN.
2.2 Computer-generated entry number(s) will be randomly assigned to each invitation to participate. Each number assigned is personal and may or may not appear on entries. Numbers may also be assigned and activated as a result of a telephone or an Internet communication.
2.3 To enter by mail: Participants must return the complete entry document and comply with the entry deadline date(s) stated in the relevant promotional material to guarantee their eligibility. To enter online: participants must follow instructions provided to register.
2.4 For all entries, the processing or transmission date will constitute entry eligibility to the draw(s).
2.5 Damaged or reproduction of entry prize numbers will not be accepted.
2.6 An individual may enter as many times as given the opportunity and each entry have a fair and equal chance to win.
3.1 These prize draws are open to Canadian residents who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside. Participants must verify that they, or members of their household or their immediate family, are not employees of RD, or of any judging agent or company involved in the administration of these prize draws. Entries are not transferable except to the winner's estate according to the law of the province or territory of residence.
3.2 Entrants are eligible only for the prizes and bonuses presented in the accompanying offer, providing conditions set forth in the offer are met.
4. PRIZE DRAW OFFICIALS
All draws will be conducted in Montréal, Québec, under the supervision of our Prize Officials, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP, Chartered Accountants (RCGT) whose decision is final on all matters relating to these prize draws.
5. PRIZES AND IMPORTANT DATES
Visual presentation, treatment, and payment options of prizes may vary. Prize preferences indicated by participants at time of entry are not binding; actual choices will be finalized with the winner following the final draw. When merchandise prizes are offered, RD reserves the right to substitute similar merchandise of equal or greater value in the event a particular merchandise prize is no longer available.
The prizes to be awarded are listed below along with their respective close dates and draw dates.
6. AVERAGE PROBABILITY OF WINNING
- GRAND PRIZE of $500,000.00. May be offered with an additional Winner's Bonus of up to $50,000.00 and/or an Appreciation Bonus of up to $50,000.00. CLOSE DATE: February 24, 2011 at 23:59:59 (EST) and the final electronic draw will be held in Montréal, on or around March 16, 2011.
- PRESTIGE PRIZE of $45,000.00. May be offered with an additional bonus of up to $45,000.00, in which case it will be referred to as the Prestige “Plus” Prize. CLOSE DATE: February 24, 2011 at 23:59:59 (EST) and the final electronic draw will be held in Montréal, on or around March 16, 2011.
- PRESIDENT'S AWARD of $25,000.00. CLOSE DATE: February 24, 2011 at 23:59:59 (EST) and the final electronic draw will be held in Montreal, on or around March 16, 2011.
- MULTI-PRIZE DRAW totaling $33,500.00: 1st prize: $2,500.00; 2nd prizes: 4 prizes of $1,500.00; and 3rd prizes: 250 prizes of $100.00. CLOSE DATE: February 24, 2011 at 23:59:59 (EST) and the final electronic draw will be held in Montreal, on or around March 16, 2011.
- The $5,000.00 MONTHLY DRAW prizes will be awarded on or around the first Tuesday of each month for entries received during the previous month, starting with the first one on or around August 4, 2009 and ending with the last draw on or around March 16, 2011 (this last draw will include eligible entries from December 2010 returned prior to February 24, 2011 close date). May be offered with an additional $2,500.00 bonus.
- There will be three (3) $30,500.00 CASH ON DEMAND prizes awarded on or around the following winner selection dates: March 1, 2010, August 30, 2010 and March 16, 2011. Respective closed dates for the three Cash On Demand prizes are: February 4, 2010 at 23:59:59 (EST), August 4, 2010 at 23:59:59 (EDT), and February 24, 2011 at 23:59:59 (EST). Unlike for our other draws, RCGT will pre-draw one number from each of the three Cash On Demand number pool, prior to campaigns going out and will keep it in security at their office until the winner selection date. On that day, the qualifying winning number will be the number that matches the number previously drawn. If that number was not returned, then a random draw will take place among all the eligible Cash On Demand Prize Draw entries received on time.
Based on past prize draws, an individual's approximate average probability of winning either the Grand Prize, the Prestige Prize, or the President Award is 1 in 1,790,175; any of the 255 Multi-Prize Draw Prizes: 1 in 7,020; any of the 3 Cash On Demand prizes: 1 in 1,076,275; and any of the 18 Monthly Draw prizes: 1 in 1,000,000.
7. WINNER(S) NOTIFICATION
All participants who qualify to win any of these prizes, will be notified by mail within 30 days of draw date and must return, also by mail, their correct answer to a skill-testing question involving general knowledge and allow the use of their name, place of residence, statements, written or sound (audio) and images (animated or static) for promotional purposes. All prizes will be delivered to the winners' home, except for the Grand Prize, where special arrangements will be made to award the prize to the winner. The winners will be responsible for all taxes, where applicable. For prizes over $1,000.00, if a qualifying winner fails to respond by the date specified in the notification, an alternate eligible qualifying winner may be selected. Other unclaimed prizes, or their cash equivalent, will be given to a recognized Canadian charity.
and on a printed list, which will be sent upon request to anyone who encloses a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope.
For all entries, RD, its directors, its employees, any company involved in the administration of these Prize Draws, and any judging agent, are not responsible for misdirected, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, incorrect transcription of entry information due to processing errors, postage-due entries, any technical malfunctions and failure of any network such as telephone lines or computer networks, equipment and software or any combination thereof and for inability to access any website which may limit an individual's participation.
9. GOVERNING CONDITIONS
9.1 The Reader's Digest Prize Draws comply with all Canadian laws. In Québec, the required duties have been paid. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Answers to questions concerning these draws can be obtained online at www.readersdigest.ca
or by writing to: The Reader's Digest Prize Draws, c/o Prize Award Administrator's Office, 1125 Stanley Street, Montréal, Québec H3B 5H5.
9.2 By entering these prize draws, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules.
HOW THE SPECIAL CONTEST WORKS
The contest is separate from the Sweepstakes and is presented in conjunction with various product offers sponsored by The Reader's Digest Association (Canada) ULC (RD), its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and may be presented in conjunction with product offers co-sponsored by RD and other organizations as well as other RD offices in the world.
They are open to individuals (legal residents of participating countries) who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the country or province in which they reside and, who have accepted an offer of a RD sponsored product and have completed the attached Contest Entry Form. The following are excluded from entering: employees of Reader's Digest, their immediate family, or persons working for any company involved in any phase of contest administration and persons with whom they are domiciled. Contest is void where prohibited. Entries for this prize must comply with the deadlines and conditions stated in the accompanying material.
3. How to Participate:
Entrants must prove their skill by following instructions that will be on the Entry Form, and completing the essay. All entries must be received by the Entry Close Date stated on the Entry Form. The winner of the Special Prize will be determined solely on the basis of the accuracy of his/her answer and, if necessary, the literary merit of his/her essay. All and each entry will be carefully reviewed, with the essay portion judged by a writer/editor whose decision will be final. Mode of entry into the Contest, as well as visual presentation, nature of prizes and treatment of the Special Contest Prize may vary during the Contest campaign.
4. Prizes and Important Dates:
For the Fantastic, the Windfall and the Win Big Special Contests, a $50,000.00 (Cad) prize or cash each will be awarded. In all cases when offered, a bonus of up to $10,000.00 (Cad) will be awarded on top of the basic contest prize. To receive such a bonus, conditions as specified in the promotional material must be met. The winner will be informed in writing shortly after one of the following Winner Selection Dates: April 23, 2010, October 29, 2010 and April 22, 2011 to arrange prize delivery, and must allow his or her name and photo to be used for promotion purposes. If unclaimed, the participant that sent the next best essay will be awarded this prize.
5. Governing Conditions:
(This contest complies with all federal and provincial Canadian laws. In Québec, the required duties have been paid and any litigation respecting the conduct of, or organization of, a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux
for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie
only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.)
©MMIX; This and all accompanying documents are under the copyright of The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC.