MONTHLY PAYOUT – 2022
The Reader’s Digest Monthly Payout is presented in conjunction with various product offers sponsored by The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC (hereinafter RD) affiliated companies, and may at times be presented in conjunction with product offers from other organizations in partnership with RD.
- HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase or entry fees are necessary to enter or to win.
- There are two (2) ways to enter this prize draw:
- Participants may receive an invitation to go online and register to the Monthly Payout, in which case participants must activate their entry in accordance with instructions provided in the relevant promotional material and online.
- Participants may register at the Monthly Payout site found at https://www.readersdigest.ca/monthly-payout-register/ , in which case participants will receive a daily email giving them a code that needs to be claimed in accordance with instructions found online. One entry per person per day will be accepted. One “day” is 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 EST/EDT.
- Each entry has a fair and equal chance to win.
- For all entries, the date of receipt (or activation) will constitute entry eligibility for this prize.
- These monthly prizes are open to Canadian residents who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside. A person for whom a publicity prize draw is carried out, his employees, representatives or proxies, and the persons with whom they are domiciled may not enter the prize draw. Entries are not transferable except to the winner’s estate according to the law of the province or territory of residence.
- Entrants are eligible only for the prize presented in the offer received, providing all conditions set forth in the offer are met.
- PRIZES AND IMPORTANT DATES
- The start date for the Monthly Payout will be January 1, 2022 at 00:00:00 EST and the final close date will be December 31, 2022 at 23:59:59 (EST). ENTRY OPEN DATES for each month will be the first day of the month at 00:00:00 (EDT/EST) and the ENTRY CLOSE DATES for each month will be the last day of the month at 23:59:59(EDT/EST).
- Every month one (1) cheque of $1,000.00 will be awarded to a qualifying winner. On the 20th day of each month (or shortly after if this day is not a workday), one (1) Monthly Payout prize will be awarded after a draw from entries received during the previous month. The random electronic draws will be held on February 21, 2022, March 21, April 20, May 20, June 20, July 20, August 22, September 20, October 20, November 21, December 20, 2022 and January 20, 2023 at 3 p.m. (EDT/EST) in Montreal.
- PROBABILITY OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- QUALIFYING WINNERS
The winners will be notified in writing (by mail or email) within 10 days of the draw date and must return, by mail or email, their correct answer to a skill-testing question involving general knowledge and allow the use of their name, city of residence, and statements (audio, video and/or electronic) for promotional purposes. The prize will be delivered to the winners’ home. If a winner fails to respond by the date specified in the notification, the prize may be given to an alternate winner or to a recognized Canadian charity organization. The winners’ information may be publicized in magazines published by Reader’s Digest Magazines (Canada) Limited, or through any other media chosen by RD.
For all entries, RD, its directors, its employees, any company involved in the administration of this prize draw are not responsible for misdirected, lost, late, damaged, incomplete and/or illegible entries and incorrect transcription of entry information, as well as any technical malfunctions and failure of any network which may limit an individual’s participation.
- GOVERNING CONDITIONS
- This prize draw complies with all Canadian laws. In Québec, the required duties have been paid. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Answers to questions concerning this prize draw and the winners can be obtained online at www.rd.ca or by writing to: “Monthly Payout”, The Reader’s Digest Prize Award Administrator’s Office, PO Box 963 Stn Main, Markham, Ontario L3P 0J4.
- By entering this prize draw, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules.